A baby is a miraculous gift, no matter how one receives it. Some are given the ability bear them, others the ability to rear them.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Phew.

So, 8 more days until I can start doing pregnancy tests (12 days until my expected period)....I am SO excited!

My weekend in Fremont was great. My IP's placed me in a nice hotel with my daughter, fed us well, and made sure I was comfortable throughout my stay. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

I'll admit, the first insemination was very....weird..Embarrassing mostly. Advice for any new traditional surros....when using the Instead Cup, remember to take gravity into consideration. I actually accidentally squeezed some of the semen out when placing it and got really weirded out!! I'll admit, I gagged. No offense, I.F.!! I learned from that point on...get the sample then turn the lights off, hold my breath and place it. 1, 2, 3. Same process for removal.
It happens, being grossed out. But...I guess at that point I realized; This. Is. It. And no matter how icky or gross, the best placement means a better chance at a pregnancy and one step closer to providing this amazing couple with a child.

Oh, and... Aside from the little accident, nothing was weird about the experience, nothing icky, nothing sexual (if you were wondering). Very professional. If anything, it was weird that everything WAS so serious! We are so "chillax" and fun all other moments!!

Highlights of the weekend:
L: Do they REALLY ride elephants through the street in India??
I.M.: Oh no!! Not any more!! Just cars!!
L: How boring.

L: Okay...Is the Kama Sutra REALLY that big of a deal?
I.F.: OH YEAH. Every 8th grade boy has a copy and looks at it and laughs. BUT if parents find it...Ohhh man...

*during the pass-off*
L: OKAY. No eye contact!! Just go! Out the door!
I.F.: OK! OK! *speeds off*


Now that I am home and taking Fertilaid and Fertilitea, preparing for my next cycle to start, I couldn't be more anxious! I have been having "early pregnancy symptoms" or maybe a result of the herbal fertility supplements...Slight cramping, heavy tender breasts, knee/leg/ pains, and I am SO tired all of the sudden!! Maybe I am just excited and hopeful...or just plain sleepy...We will see!!

Until then...TTFN!

No comments: